Friday, November 16, 2012

Computer Calm



Some of us spend a lot of time in front of our computer screens and up to some point, staring at it can affect us.

My photography teacher Jo Avila told us that it's better to set the desktop background to grey in order for our eyes to adjust to the color. I did that for the longest time, even at work. But then, I have to admit, it got boring, and cluttered at the same time with all the icons littering the screen. So I decided, time to put some images back on it! Before I knew it, it became a habit of mine to change desktop backgrounds every month depending on what I want my mood to be, or the season, or just because I saw another beautiful wallpaper. Most of the time I want it to calm me so I always choose minimalist photos of landscapes. With a simple swipe to the lower right corner, my windows give way revealing my wallpaper. I look at it for a couple of seconds then back to work.

Try it! Don't underestimate what your eyes see every time because it can act like a subliminal message. :)

ps: yeah yeah, I need to recalibrate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment