Thursday, July 5, 2012

Photography Idols: Toto & Jaja

This time, I'm featuring a couple of amazing wedding photographers whom I had the pleasure of meeting in the workshop I attended last week. Actually I already knew one of them for some time now because I like his style of taking photos and I get to know the other because she is one of the our instructors in that workshop and I'm glad I did.

Ladies first.

Jaja Samaniego
(Philippines)

Hers is a style with simple and clean compositions and natural colors. She trained from Imagine-nation photography and it shows in her pro event photographs. She's been in the industry for 3 years now and she proves to have the eye for amazing light, the very ability I want to learn. What she originally wanted to do is take videos but when her dad gave him a DSLR, she fell in love with stills and the rest is history. I think she's a really good people person and this profession of doing weddings is right for her. Although she mentioned that she also do portraits though I don't see it on her blog. Here are some of her photos lifted from her blog. (I know I said she uses natural colors, but the picks I made are more of my personal taste.)







Toto Villaruel
(Philippines)

I don't recall where I saw his photos first but I know I had a Red Mango moment, where I was just wow-ed by what I see, when I saw his wedding shots. His has the color and tone that I like but with simplicity and the look that other wedding photographers don't subscribe to. He shoots weddings with his girlfriend Nicolai who is also has an eye for amazing photos. Both of them are living together right now and together, they make a very good team to capture such events. From what he told us in the workshop, he started as a photojournalist then crossed over to taking wedding photos. The thing that is amazing with Toto as well as Jaja, other than their photos, is that they both shoot with manual focus. Not just manual exposure but also manual focus and that made me say wow! Imagine doing a fast paced event with manual focus and capturing the right moments with manual focus. Now that's an eye for photography indeed. Here are some of his photos.







So if you're planning a wedding, I suggest you ask these amazing photographers first because I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for the workshop that I attended, I'll make a post soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment