Sunday, December 23, 2012

For My Friends this Christmas

I think it's a cliche saying that time passes by so fast every time a holiday comes or at someone's birthday, but I can't help but say it because it really feels that way every time, especially now that it's almost Christmas. I got a message from Ice the other day saying to block the date for our annual get together with Vincent and Carissa and it came with a realization. We call ourselves 24c (24 Club) because we were all 24 when we met each other, and I was like "Wow! 24! We were 24 then" just like how old people would say it. It never gets old (pun intended).

But it's more than realizing we've all grown old-er. It's the season for joyous celebration and for getting together with friends, which is what I've basically been doing the whole week, having dinners every night (so out of shape hehe and it shows, according to a friend I met yesterday). It's not that long of celebrations but for me, getting to meet each other again before the year ends is such a feel-good moment. We've now switched to talking about other stuff instead of just reminiscing the past, not that it's a bad thing, but it feels refreshing to have different topics. It feels like we're all lined up next to each other, taking the whole width of a road as we all walk forward laughing. It's like all of us sharing the knowledge on how to go through life, one experience at a time. Priorities changing, responsibilities growing, and us growing with it. Some are so happy with the holidays while some are preparing themselves for 2013, just like myself. There is nothing like seeing friends again after a long time, making me realize how happy I am that I have friends like them. Time and distance does that, a lot. No matter the number of ways we can communicate now these days, with social networks, phones and emails, I like to keep it old school, meeting people in person, talking face to face, laughing our hearts out with bottomless iced teas or a bottle of beer.

I don't usually say this (actually never in person because I'm shy, except to really close friends) but this Christmas, I wish all my friends all the joy and love the world can give. You guys are awesome and awesome people deserve great things!

Happy Christmas! Eat right! (meaning stuff your face silly!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment