Sunday, December 30, 2012

In Comes 2013

Into New Year
ciril.deviantart.com

Oh but it's the same thing all over again. Instead of recalling what this year did, I'm piecing the last quarter of this year to next year's first quarter and work my way from there.

2012 is ending, making me feel happy inside that this year will now be considered past, but I know it will just pass the baton to 2013 with careful instructions to hammer everything down on me and make sure that I won't forget. I think the starting word of that instruction would be IMPACT! Somehow, in my head, I've pictured 2012 to be a big fat bully. Giving it character so that I can blame someone/something with my shortcomings... a defense mechanism. To be fair to 2012, I've only blamed it for a couple of things because majority, and the one with the biggest effect, of what happened in 2012 was outside of my actions. I was just sucked in like light to a black hole.

But amongst those "campaigns" that causes me distress, I have one that is my winning front. After a blow to my health c/o my doctor in Makati Med, I've rebounded and showed progress as per my last check-up. Although I think I've lost quite a lot of lead after these 2 weeks of holidays, Christmas, it doesn't only make you poor, it also makes you fat. Anyway, seeing progress is a boost in itself, making me want to achieve more! And that more means taking on Insanity once again. Oh yes, I will try it again. After a humiliating defeat (seriously, it's so bad, Jaidy laughed at me), I'll be starting it again on 31, because January 1 missed Monday by 24 hours. I think I've prepared my gear (shoes, water bottle, some supplements and a mat) and all that's left is my mind, more than thinking that I can do it, (I know I can), it's more of me being committed to it. (At least in here I am committed to something) It will be 60 days of torture for sure but I already think it's worth it. CHALLENGE FUCKING ACCEPTED!

That means that I have to move my plan on getting a bike to summer because I won't be be able to use it anyway. I might need the money for hospitalization in the event I break my body. Or if the plans of my SGV friends pushes through, I can have that summer that eluded me this year. Maybe even visit my friends on foreign land *crosses my fingers* if everything permits. Oh the future looks so bright I'm wearing shades. I'll manage to write something on my new travel notebook that I got from Ice for Christmas. So that's my optimistic spirit typing. My pessimistic side is looking at my balance sheet and somehow, not showing any facial expression.

So that's the plan. For the first 2 months of 2013, I will destroy my body and sweat oceans so that it can be rebuilt anew. Everything else is secondary, more like, not an option. This plan of mine will hit February and of course, there is a question of "But what about on Valentine's day?". Well, it will be on February 14 and last time I checked, I guess they won't be moving it.

2013 will put up a lot of barriers but I'll manage to break them, well, that's the appropriate reaction. I just need to look for my sledge hammer, my concrete breaker, some CAT heavy machinery and call some demolition experts. so yeah, 2013, I'm ready for ya.

ps: But if you can dial down the problems, and increase the opportunities, it will be really appreciated. Thank you sir!

0 comments:

Post a Comment