Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mac Setup, Paper and Summer

MacRumors forum
Since I don't have anything else to talk about, might as well just blabber about my Mac setup. I currently have the magic mouse and wireless keyboard (I'm using them now) and my uncle bought me a Rain mStand from the US. Now all that's left is a 27" screen, a good set of speakers and that elusive table. For the screen, I'm still deciding between an Apple 27" Thunderbolt display or a Dell Ultrasharp U2711. Sure the Apple TBD looks good but it's so glossy I feel like I'm in front of the mirror all the time while the Dell U2711 doesn't really match with a Macbook Pro as much as the TB, it has a mate screen and it is recommended for photo editing, which I'm not doing that much lately (Poor neglected camera). For speakers, I still have no idea though I want the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones. Now for that damn table, I still want that trestle desk from before but an alternative is Ikea's Micke desk. I have to ask how much it is to ship from Singapore because I can't seem to find a table like it here. I guess you can say I'm almost done... with all the expensive "add-ons" still left to be procured. I can hear Jaidy say, "Priorities! Priorities!". (I just had a quick look at Jaidy's blog and looks liked I missed a couple of posts. Note to self, go over there and read after this).

And since I'm talking about Apple products, I was this close to getting an iPhone last week. Really really close as in I'll-pay-right-now close! I'm not sure if I'll be glad or not that my cable bill came back after paying it without the header part where the address is listed which is one of the requirements to get a line that meant I can't get one anytime soon. I asked my friends who use iPhones and they said that I should just wait for the iPhone 5 coming later this year. Technically it's just the middle of the product cycle and it's still safe to say that one's sanity will still be intact after the announcement of the iPhone 5 compared to those who just bought a month before it will be announced so I guess I'm still safe. I just want to update my iCal on the go because I want to use it as my main planner.

Not to sound like a fanboy (although I think I already do) but I feel like I want to get an iPad too. Not because I need it but because of simple app called Paper. iPad literally becomes a glowing piece of paper. I'll just have the video below show you what it can do but I guess the name just gives it away. (warning, you might get dizzy afterwards).


Paper by FiftyThree from FiftyThree on Vimeo.

But above all those TV shows that I'm watching and gadgets that I want to buy, even above my grown-up problem... is me missing the beach and just having a swim in clear tropic waters much like the photo below.

sugarock99.deviantart.com/
I don't know how may summers I've missed because I decided to just work in the office and just wait for my friends and cousins to cook something up and when they do, I would already have my head buried deep in work stuff that I couldn't get out off. I guess the summer winds were not that strong enough to pull me of my office chair. I do hope a good trip comes out this summer. Going to the beach by myself to have fun in the sand is such a bad idea, even I think it's stupid. Laughing with friends is always one of the best experience one can have anytime.

And to end this post, I have a track that's good for summer road trips. Summer playlists are my favorite!


@SOLEIL from Monet Mélodie on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment