Friday, July 6, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man

wallpapersup.net
Finally got to watch the latest Spider-man movie, the remake The Amazing Spider-man, last night with Petite. We were suppose to watch it last Tuesday but the rains always got in the way and we're literally doing a rain check. Good thing last night decided it stopped, we were thinking that some higher power doesn't want us to watch another big movie because of the way we treated The Hunger Games (in short, I didn't like that movie). Happened to us for a couple of movies before this one.

Now about the movie, I like it! It's simple, not that many gimmicks and it's a proper spider man with a web slinging device, not like the first Spider-Man. (To be fair, at least it was the first). I don't really read the comics so I didn't have any expectations to this movie and Petite was actually filling me with the details about who Gwen Stacy is so I wasn't asking why no Mary Jane. A little funny scenes in there too especially when he just found out he had super human strength. What I know is that the Spider-man character is playful and childish and in this movie it shows. Good fight scenes as well! Not that it needs mentioning but CGI has come a long way. There are also some good first-person scenes in there. It's your typical action hero movie with a slice of drama on the side so if you haven't seen it yet then you'll know what to expect.

In the end, it left me feeling the same way I did after I watched The Dark Knight. True that the Dark Knight has a deeper story than this and the Joker trumps the Lizard but I think this is how it should have been done for Spider-man, although Petite told me that this movie is based on the remake in the comics. I actually want to watch the sequel even if I have no idea who the next villain is. I read it somewhere that there will be a couple sequels to The Amazing Spider-man.

I recommend this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment